SELLER PROPERTY INFORMATION STATEMENT - RESIDENTIAL
SELLERS: ANSWERS MUST BE COMPLETE AND
ACCURATE. This statement is designed in
part to protect Sellers by establishing that correct
information concerning the property is being provided to
buyers. All of the information contained herein is provided
by the Sellers to the broker/sales representative or Buyer.
Any person who is in receipt of and utilizes this Statement
acknowledges and agrees that the information is being
provided for information purposes only and is not a warranty
as to the matters recited hereinafter even if attached to an
Agreement of Purchase and Sale. The broker/sales
representative shall not be held responsible for the accuracy
of any information contained herein.
Buyers must still make their own enquiries
notwithstanding the information contained on this statement.
Each question and answer must be considered and where
necessary, keeping in mind that the Sellers' knowledge of the
property may be incomplete, additional information can be
requested from the Sellers or from an independent source such
as the municipality. Buyers can hire an independent inspector
to examine the property to determine whether defects exist
and to provide an estimate of the cost of repairing problems
that have been identified.
1 (a) I have owned the property foryears.
(b) I have occupied the property fromto
2. Does any other party have an ownership, spousal, or
other interest in the property?
3. Is the property subject to first right of refusal,
option, lease, rental agreement or other listing?
4. If the Seller owns adjoining land, has a consent to
sever been obtained within the last 2 years?
5. Are there any encroachments, registered easements, or
6. (a) Is there a plan of Survey? Date of survey
(b) Does the survey show the current location of all
buildings, improvements, easements, encroachments and rights-of-way?
7. What is the zoning on the subject property?.
8. Does the subject property comply with the zoning? If not, is it legal non-conforming?
9. Are there any pending real estate developments,
projects or applications for rezoning in the neighbourhood
10. Are there any restrictive covenants that run with the
11. Are there any drainage restrictions?
12. Are there any local levies or unusual taxes being
charged at the present time or contemplated? If so, at what cost?. Expiry date
13. Have you received any notice, claim, work order or
deficiency notice affecting the property from any person or
any public body?. Explain
14. Are there any public projects planned for the
immediate area? Eg: road widenings, new highways,
expropriations etc.. Explain
15.(a) Are there any current or pending Heritage
designations for the property?
(b) Is the property in an area designated as Heritage?
16. Are there any conditional sales contracts, leases, or
service contracts? eg: furnace, alarm system, etc. Are they
assignable or will they be discharged?. Explain.
17. Are there any defects in any appliances or equipment
included with the property?
18. Are you aware of any problems with the swimming pool,
hot tub or whirlpool bathtub?
19. Is the outdoor lawn sprinkler system in working order?
20. Do you know the approximate age of the building(s)?
21. Are there any past or pending claims under any New
Home Warranty Program? Program Registration Number.
22. Will the sale of this property be subject to GST or
WATER SUPPLY AND WASTE DISPOSAL:
1. (a) What is your water source? Municipal Drilled Bored
Dug Lake Community Shared Other
(b) If your water source is Community/Shared, is there a
transferrable written agreement? (c) Are you aware of any problem re: quantity of
water? (d) Are you aware of any problems re: quality of
water? (e) Do you have any water treatment devices?. (f) Is your
water system operable year round?
2. (a) What kind of sewage disposal system services the
(b) Are you aware of any problems with the septic system? Date septic tank/holding tank last pumped
(c) What documentation for the septic system is available?
Use Permit Location Sketch Maintenance Records Age of system
16 ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
SELLER(S) TO INITIAL EACH APPLICABLE BOX
YES NO UNKNOWN NOT APPLICABLE
1. Are you aware of possible environmental problems or
soil contamination of any kind on your property or in the
immediate area? Eg: toxic waste, underground gasoline or fuel
2. Are there any existing or proposed waste dumps,
disposal sites or land fills in the immediate area?
3. Is the lot subject to flooding?
4. Is the property under the jurisdiction of any
Conservation Authority or Commission?
5. (a) Is there a fuel oil tank on the property? If yes, complete the following:
Underground. Date for required upgrading or removal.
Aboveground. Age of tank. Date of last inspection
(b) Does the fuel oil tank comply with the Technical
Standards and Safety Authority requirements and any other
requirements for fuel to be delivered?
6. Has the use of the property ever been for the growth or
manufacture of illegal substances?
1. Are you aware of any structural problems?
2. (a) Have you made any renovations, additions or
improvements to the property?
(b) Was a building permit obtained?
(c) Has the final building inspection been approved or has
a final occupancy permit been obtained?
3. To the best of your knowledge have the building(s) ever
contained ureaformaldehyde insulation?
4. (a) Are you aware of any deficiencies or non-compliance
with the Fire Code?
(b) Is your property equipped with operational smoke
(c) Is the property equipped with operational carbon
5. Is the woodstove(s)/chimney(s)/fireplace(s) in working
6. Are you aware of any problems with the central air
conditioning or heating system?
7. Are you aware of any moisture and/or water problems in
the basement or crawl space?
8. Are you aware of any damage due to wind, fire, water,
insects, termites, rodents, pets or wood rot?
9. Are you aware of any roof leakage or unrepaired damage?
Age of roof covering if known
10.(a) Are you aware of any problems with the electrical
(b) Type of wiring: copper aluminium knob-and-tube other
11. Are you aware of any problems with the plumbing
12. Is there any lead or galvanized metal plumbing on the
13. What is under the carpeting?
14. Is there a home inspection report available? Date of Report
1. Are there any special assessments approved or proposed?
2. Has a reserve fund study been completed? Date of Study
3. (a) Are there any restrictions on the use of the
property? e.g. pets
(b) Are there any pending rule or by-law amendments which
may alter or restrict the uses of the property?
4. Is the condominium registered?
5. Parking: Number of SpacesOwned Exclusive Use Leased or Licensed
For the purposes of this Seller Property
Information Statement, a "Seller" includes a
vendor, a landlord, or a prospective vendor or landlord and a
"buyer" includes a purchaser, a tenant, or a
prospective purchaser or tenant. THE SELLERS STATE THAT THE
ABOVE INFORMATION IS TRUE, BASED ON THEIR CURRENT ACTUAL
KNOWLEDGE AS OF THE DATE BELOW. ANY IMPORTANT CHANGES TO THIS
INFORMATION KNOWN TO THE SELLERS WILL BE DISCLOSED BY THE
SELLERS PRIOR TO CLOSING. THE SELLERS HEREBY AUTHORIZE THAT A
COPY OF THIS SELLER PROPERTY INFORMATION STATEMENT BE
DELIVERED TO PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR THEIR AGENTS OR
REPRESENTATIVES. THE SELLERS HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF A
TRUE COPY OF THIS STATEMENT.
NOTE: SELLERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE
ACCURACY OF ALL ANSWERS AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SAID ANSWERS FORM THE BASIS OF
BUYERS' INTEREST IN THE PROPERTY.
I acknowledge that the information provided herein is not
warranted and hereby acknowledge receipt of a copy of the
DATE. (Buyer or